It is often the smallest room you will have in a house but also one that needs proper designing as far as its lighting is concerned. Like kitchens, bathrooms need to be lit properly meaning you need to consider a combination of mood, task, and feature lights to help in creating that soothing and calming sanctuary. Because homeowners spend much time in bathrooms, it makes sense to assess the lighting of the area when renovating the room or designing your home.Sponsored Links
It is one area that is often overlooked but its functionality and aesthetic value in a home is as important as that of the kitchen.
A few golden tips to consider in lighting checklist
- Consider the amount of natural lighting that gets into your bathroom
- Consider if the bathroom has large windows which could allow natural light
- Examine the lighting options that are available
- Consider if the lighting options cast shadows and whether there is sufficient task lighting to allow you shave or apply your body make ups
- If you use a high watt bulb, instead you might consider having lower wattage bulbs such as downlights that are capable of creating the same look but over a wide space.
- Consider installing dimmer lights that can help in creating that invigorating start in those beautiful mornings, and softer lights for use after dark.
The most basic bathroom lights that you could have are the downlights since they can be used in various locations. The flush fittings as well as semi flush fittings can help illuminate bathroom ceiling. You may highlight the floor of bathroom with lighting tiles. For task lighting, you may need to add the bathroom mirrors as well as reflective cabinets.
A mist resistance glass is a good option in bathroom considering the fog that is released when having hot showers. Sensor options can help avoid the unattractive and fiddly light pulls. If you have a ceiling light fixture, it can assist in spreading a good general lighting in the entire bathroom but remember this may have some shades especially where it encounters obstructing things like the shelves.Sponsored Links
When installing bathroom lights, do not forget to pay more attention to the amount of space available and the shower area. You might want to position the downlights close to the areas in the back wall so that they create an impressive shaft of lighting. Consider the feature lighting in order to add that sense of atmosphere in your bathroom. You might want to put recessed spots within the alcoves, use a floor washer to act as a nightlight, and put back light on an opaque bath panel.Sponsored Links
Also, ensure that the lighting is controlled in different switch lines such as the dim lighting to help enhance the mood. With the different lighting systems, they can add a wow effect in your bathroom for that extended joyous mood and experience when you use your bathroom. The lighting may also be zoned depending on its position in the bathroom, something that allows you to save money on energy.