Databases and tables
Avoid multiple fields that contain similar data
When you are creating a table of your choice, please make a note that there are no repeated columns in it, if there are any columns so, and then it becomes a huge problem to sort the data.Sponsored Links
For example, When you are designing a database for questionnaire, then it will definitely cause a problem.
|Respondent ID||Question no1||Question no 2||Question no 3|
Here is the solution as shown below:
Because each type of information is contained in only one field, searching, sorting, and calculating data are much easier.Sponsored Links
- What could be the no of concurrent users at the max? 255
- What could be the width of report? 22 inches
- How many no of fields can they contain in a table? 255
Forms and reports
Add of vertical and horizontal lines to report:
Hence in Microsoft Access, using the Line Control you can add up as many rows or columns you need.
Here we can observe that the different horizontal and vertical lines placed among them.
For example, you have made certain changes to the data and you don’t want to keep those changes, then here is the procedure to be followed:
To revert back to the last saved versions, then
- Click directly on the “Revert button on the File menu.
- The Revert command is unavailable until and unless when we opened a form or some other reports in the “Design view” and have made certain changes to it.
Move a form or report control to another section
In a access form or report, moving a present or else existing system control to that of another section:
- First open the form or report in Design view.
- Then Click the control button.
- The pointer moves over control until and unless it provides some changes.
- Helps to drag the control from/to the other section.
Keyboard shortcuts Used For MS-Access:
Useful shortcut keys in Access
|Helps to Insert today’s date||CTRL+;|
|Helps us to Insert the current time||CTRL+:|
|Used to Insert a carriage return in a memo or text field||CTRL+ENTER|
|Helps to Insert the data from the same field in the previous record||CTRL+’|
|Allows us to Undo the changes made to the current field||ESC|
|In order to Undo the changes you made to the current record||ESC (press ESC twice)|
|Helps to Display the database window||F11|
|Mainly allows us to Open a new database||CTRL+N|
|Provide an existing database||CTRL+O|
|It allows to Switch between the Visual Basic and the Editor ,the previous active window||ALT+F11|
|Find and replace methods||CTRL+F|